Barliman Connection Instructions
- Find and open up your mIRC folder.
- Select 'Install mIRC' and follow the directions.
Setting mIRC to our site
- Launch mIRC after you have started you internet service provider (a good idea is to minimize the isp screen).
- Close the greeting screen.
- Go to the File menu, open it and select the Options menu.
- You should now see a page called mIRC Options with a menu list on the left side.
- Open the Connect menu, and you will see a page to input the name of our server and the nickname you wish to use here.
- Click on the Add button and you will get a window called Add MIRC Server.
- Fill in the description as you wish, then type in irc.TheOneRing.net as the server and 6667 as the port. Then close this small window.
- Fill out the rest of the information in the mIRC Options. It's recommended that you do not use your real name when visiting all chat rooms, and although we set a high standard at Barliman's, it is not an exception to this rule.
- Click on the Connect to Server button.
- After you connect to the server, a window will pop up called mIRC Channels Folder.
- Click on the Add button and then type #theonering.net into the field.
- Click on the Join button, and come join the party!
- If the Channels Folder window doesn't come up, at the bottom of your mIRC window
you should have a message bar for typing your messages.
- Click on the message bar and type in this: /join #theonering.net.
- Hit enter/return on your keyboard and you should be in!